Friday, March 4, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEDxRCa_wfc&feature=related

This week we learned about classical conditioning.  Classical conditioning is learning a behavior or response from a new stimulus.  For example, one may love chocolate and when a person is given chocolate from someone, that someone will then be loved by that person.  This may not actually happen but it is just an example to show what would really happen when someone or something was classically conditioned.  This video is a good representation of can happen when someone is classically conditioned.  First of all, the name of the bar is Pavlov's bar, so right away it is giving you a clue that it is classical conditioning.  When people are thirsty they usually drink something but in this case when the bell would ring then everyone would drink something because they were conditioned to drink when the bell rings.

I have also been classically conditioned in my life many times.  One time that I have been classically conditioned is around 5:30 at night.  This is the usual time when my mom gets home.  I will be downstairs in my room working on homework or something and then my mom will come home.  Which then I usually go upstairs to talk to her.  So I have conditioned because many times in a row that my dog would start barking which meant my mom was home.  After a while, I would just go up stairs once I started hearing my dog bark.  There have been many other times that I have classically conditioned and this is just one instance that I have been conditioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment