This week we learned about the cognitive development of ourselves. We learned about the sensorimotor, pre-operational, concrete, and formal operational stages. The young girl in this video displays that she is in pre-operational stage of her life. The pre-operational stage is when a child is 2-6 years old. In the beginning of the video it displays that she is almost 3 years old so she already fits into this description. She also is on the phone and pretending to talk to someone about getting a lollipop puppy. Pretending is a main part in this stage where kids explore their imagination.
I remember my mom telling me about a time in my life where I pretended with many things that I did. I played with hot wheels a lot and used them like if I was the racecar driver. I also pretended when I was using these pokemon cards that I loved to play with. I just had a lot of fun as a kid pretending all the time. I with sometimes that I could go back to those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment