Friday, February 25, 2011
This week we learned about sensation and perception. This is a great video that shows that as we age our our hearing, tasting, seeing, touching, and smelling aren't as good as when we are younger. It shows the reality and comedic side to people aging. It has an elderly couple and a family and the family can hear this high pitch noise but the elderly couple can't. This shows that as we age our hearing becomes slighly more impaired each year. It is funny because everyone can hear it but they can't. It can also be heard through the video what the noise is.
I have done this to my grandparents and it was quite amusing to watch them struggle to try and hear this high pitch. I also did this to my mom and she could only faintly hear the noise. I am actually scared though after doing this because I don't ever want to reach that stage in my life where all my senses are less sensative than when I was in my younger years. Another thing that I would like to mention is driving. If our senses do end up not working as well, then shouldn't there be a limit on how old you are allowed to drive? It depends on the person you say, well then it should depend on the person for letting teenagers get their license.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment